Monday, March 23, 2009

My kid

Our house has gotten to be one big anger zone.

We have a 14-year-old girl/woman/monster/angel/smart/smartASS living in the house with us. My poor husband is clueless. Seriously. For one thing, MOST of the time she saves the crap for me. Yeah, I know this so well. I was a daddy's girl. One time my husband asked me something about if I couldn't just take a breath and get this, had I tried to reason with her? YA THINK? Strange but he hasn't brought that one up again.

AND we have a 24-year-old daughter who made it through to the other side. We are close...I don't know HOW close we would be if it wasn't for that memory thing. You know the memory thing...the thing that keeps you having kids because you don't REALLY remember childbirth..same with my oldest daughter and me. I have vague memories of screaming, crying, throwing things, wanting to run away. And that was just me. God knows what her end is all about. One day after the younger one said something that actually implied I was STUPID!!! my oldest said (get this) I can't believe she talks to you like that.. Uh-huh.

So this one? WORSE. I kid you not. She stood there today and told me she wasn't going to school today. AND...AND....AND.....she said NO to me. I told her to do something and she said NO. WTH? I must be hallucinating, right? My mom would have smacked me so hard that I would have hit the wall and slithered to the ground in a lump.

That is probably the problem. Mom DID hit me and I can't hit my kids, including spanking. I WILL NOT BE MY MOM I WILL NOT BE MY MOM.

But does thinking about it count? Remember what they said about Jimmy Carter and his lusting after oh, who remembers who? Just that he THOUGHT about it and was the freaking president. I looked at her and I swear I was shaking...

Now don't go calling children's services or anything. We are fine. She went to school and she came home IN A GOOD MOOD and now things are just great.

Still......there is tomorrow morning...who will come out of that bedroom? It's a mystery to us all.....

9 comments:

Nessa said...

OMG! It must have been in the air yesterday becuase Tristen said no to me something like 15 times yesterday! He got up in my face and was sooooooooo disrespectful! I was so upset by the time he left for school that I was shaking! It seems we make progress in his behavior, but it goes one step forward and two steps back. Ugh!

Anyway, sending you warm thoughts from another mom who totally understands.

~Sandy~ said...

stopping by to say hello and nice to meet you! thanks for stopping by my party :O) head back when you get a chance and enter my giveaway. you could win $50 in Hair Accessories!!! I follow you on Twitter too! Have a wonderful day

Amy Platon said...

Teenagers. You know they say that how they are as infants (difficulty) is how they are as teens. But then I've heard, "she was a perfect baby!) Maybe it's the memory thing.....maybe it's bogus. Any thoughts?

I have little ones. I hav no idea except for my version of when I was growing up.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. See you around! Great stories.

Clair said...

Wham bars are definatley a Scottish Thing (the factory is about 5 minutes walk from my house, the smell so delicious!). I cant even think how to describe them except as a chewy bar (like toffee texture) but pink and fruity flavoured with fizzy bits. Umm that probably doesn't help.
Your post scared me- i have 3 girls to get through adolescence.... I might move out.
I read your profile- I suffer from PTSD too (and low self esteem and depression and anxiety) but hey, we can't all be sane- and i dont think i'd want to be

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ohhhhhh... sounds like me at that age... she will grow out of it :) I know I did...

Celeste said...

Hi!
I'm visiting all of my followers today to inform you all that I have 2 new giveaways on my blog! You could win a Custom, Handstamped Silver Necklace (winner chooses which one!)...or...2 Fork Easels w/ Recipe Cards! :)
If you've already entered - thanks!

http://etsyitup.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Celeste

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh girl I do not envy you and I am so glad that I am past that stage.

What worked with my daughter was taking away things that meant everything to her. James Dobson's The Strong Willed Child is wonderful!

Sticky said...

I am not looking forward to a teenager! Ick. Can't I just lock him in a closet until it's over?

We met at the party at my place and I'm so glad I had the time to come by...you got some dip around here somewhere??

I like your blog -you write whenever you want and I'll be back...I'll be your best sarcastic stalker - It will be fun, promise...I'll tell you all about the Oregon weather and you'll be sad you are missing it (not) my moss is growing moss...

miriama said...

First, let me yell! I HAVE COMMENTS!!!! LMBO Thanks everyone for writing on my post. And pray. It is spring break. 9 days with my daughter and me. Alone. in. the. house.